Selling a home is probably one of the largest financial transactions you’ll ever make. Whether it’s your first time or your fifth, it can be a little overwhelming. Therefore, it is important to engage with an experienced REALTOR®️.
Why work with us?
We represent your best interests and provide:
- Access to listing your home on the MLS, and expert insight into previous sales, active listings, and even homes that were previously on the market so you can price your home right.
- Expert advice on essential clauses such as home inspections and financing, to ensure you’re fully protected.
- Expert negotiation of any offer to purchase, to achieve the best possible price and terms.
- Expert advice on market value and inclusions, and insight into when you might want to walk away from an offer.
- Discovery and disclosure of all information about the property including liens, warranties, disclosures, and market and planning activity in the area
Here’s a general overview on what to expect and prepare in selling your home:
1. Engage with a REALTOR®️
As a seller, when you engage with a REALTOR®️ you get an experienced professional working in your best interests. A good REALTOR®️ has in-depth knowledge of the market, all the required paperwork and help you determine the right price for your property.
2. Pricing Your Property
The real estate market is always changing. It is important to understand how market conditions can impact your position as a buyer or a seller. Your REALTOR®️ will provide you current market information, market statistics and competitive pricing to set the right price for your property. When the price is fair, your property will attract more potential buyers and sells faster.
3. Personalized Marketing Plan
As each home is unique, a personalized marketing plan— one tailored to your home’s particular needs—will help secure the highest possible price for your property. When you sign a Listing Agreement, it gives your REALTOR®️ permission to post your property on MLS (Multiple Listing Service). Then we will begin marketing your home through various digital and traditional media and inform other REALTORS®️ (representing buyers) that your property is on the market.
While preparing to list your home, we will work with you to:
- Make the home as easy to show as possible to allow for maximum exposure to the market by means of personalized showings that are always supervised by us. We do not use lockboxes.
- Develop a list of features and take photographs to create a full colour feature sheet for potential buyers to take during the showing. We will ensure your home is shown to advantage and submitted to the MLS®️ (Multiple Listing Service) as soon as possible.
- On internet, we will place your home on realtylink.org, realtor.ca, Paragon (the REALTOR®️’s MLS database that reaches over 14,000 Realtors in Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley), rew.ca, dexterrealty.com, leadingre.com which represents over 565 independent companies in 70 countries.
- For print-form advertising, we we advertise weekly in the Vancouver Sun and occasionally in neighbourhood newspapers.
- Public open houses will be arranged upon request.
- We will contact you on a regular basis to give you feedback from showings, or the progress of things such as inspections, mortgagor requests for appraisals, title specifics, and other closing procedures and any other relevant information that may be useful to you, such as keeping you informed of current market conditions and trends.
- We will represent you upon the presentation of all offers from co-operating REALTORS®️ and negotiate the best possible price, dates, and terms for you.
Your REALTOR®️ will use their experience to present options, provide advice, handle negotiations, and represent your best interests at the table.Once you’ve accepted an offer, your buyer will want to conduct a home inspection. And finally, you will need to complete the legal documentation. Your lawyer and REALTOR®️ will walk you through the closing process and the lawyer will call you in to finalize the completed paperwork and sign your home’s ownership over into the buyer’s name.
Congratulations! With the sale of your home complete, you can now get ready to move and start a new chapter of your life!